Waterfox 18.0.1Posted by Alex on Saturday, January 19, 2013 10:52:20 PM GMT +0000
Waterfox 18.0.1 is finally available!
Firstly I'd like to apologise to everyone for the unseemly delay, but this was a rather prudent bug to which there seemed to be no light at the end of the tunnel! But finally after working closely with Intel for a few months, we discovered the problem! You can read the thread here on the Intel C++ forums to see what went wrong. So far that has been 2 major bugs in the Intel C++ compiler that have been found and squashed thanks to the development of Waterfox!
What's New in Firefox 17-18.0.1?
- First revision of the Social API and support for Facebook Messenger
- Click-to-play blocklisting implemented to prevent vulnerable plugin versions from running without the user's permission (see blog post)
- Updated Awesome Bar experience with larger icons
- SVG FillPaint and StrokePaint implemented
- Improvements that make the Web Console, Debugger and Developer Toolbar faster and easier to use
- New Markup panel in the Page Inspector allows easy editing of the DOM
- Sandbox attribute for iframes implemented, enabling increased security
- Over twenty performance improvements, including fixes around the New Tab page
- Pointer lock doesn't work in web apps (769150)
- Page scrolling on sites with fixed headers (780345)
- Problems involving HTTP Proxy Transactions (Associated bugs)
- Disabled HIDPI support on external monitors to avoid rendering glitches (bug 814434)
- Preliminary support for WebRTC
- Experience better image quality with our new HTML scaling algorithm
- Performance improvements around tab switching
- Support for new DOM property window.devicePixelRatio
- Improvement in startup time through smart handling of signed extension certificates
- Support for W3C touch events implemented, taking the place of MozTouch events
- Disable insecure content loading on HTTPS pages (62178)
- Improved responsiveness for users on proxies (769764)
What's New in Waterfox 18.0.1?
- JumpLists have now been fixed! Thanks to MoonChild (Pale Moon Project) for the tip!
How do I update using the automatic updater?
Make sure the "Waterfox Updater" shortcut has the correct parameter attached to it:
"C:\Program Files\Waterfox\updater.exe" /checknow
Note: The update might not be immediately available via the automatic updater. Check in an hour or so.
How do I change the language on my Waterfox Installation?
- In the address bar, type 'about: config' then press "enter" to access the options of Firefox.
- In the search bar just below, enter the following string: general.useragent.locale
- Right-click it and click on "Modify", then enter, for example, "en-US" to set it to English.
- You can get the .xpi's from here. (Wait until a news post has been made saying the language packs have been updated to 18.0.1)