Waterfox 46.0 Release (Windows & Mac)
Waterfox 46.0 is now available to download.
What’s new in Waterfox 46.0.1?
- Fixed Netflix playing issues
What’s new in Waterfox 46.0?
- Temporarily switched to Visual C++ compiler while Intel fix compiler bugs. Clang test have happened and will try out GCC as well.
- Re-enabled jemalloc
What features does Waterfox currently have?
- Disabled EME (doesn’t work on 3rd party builds anyway)
- Disabled WebappRT
- Removed Pocket completely
- Removed all telemetry/data collection being sent back to Mozilla
- Disabled the 64-Bit NPAPI white-list so that the user can decide what plugins they can run (doesn’t make sense for Mozilla to do this as most of their user base probably aren’t technically proficient), but it’s something Waterfox users are capable of handling.
- I’ve also allowed unsigned extensions to run as well as there are still some old extensions people like to use (it’s disabled by Mozilla for the same reason as above)
- Windows XP 64-Bit support
- Updated ICU to 57.1 (current Mozilla base is on 56.1)
- Removal of Sponsored Tiles on New Tab Page
- My Mac Mini is out of action again, so Mac builds will be delayed by a day or two
Partnership with Ecosia
Waterfox has now partnered with Ecosia as a way to raise funds. When using Ecosia, revenue generated from ads helps plant trees and contributes to Waterfox upkeep costs! If you’d like to help support Waterfox while also doing some good in the world, please help us out by using it!
As always, head to the Downloads page for the latest versions!